There are some great links to some great "couponing" sites that I use daily; and I'll show you how I organize and save as well, I like to keep it EASY. Check out the WELCOME spot to your right to get started

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Smith's Trip

My trip to Smith's, there was a GM/PEPSI promo going on so you'd buy 10 items and get $5 off your order, which I stacked with coupons (of course) and got boxes of GM Cereal for like .50 to $1.00 each
Quaker Granola bars for .75 each
ETC....
So I did this promo and bought 50 items and saved $25 with the promo, I'm all stocked up on fruit snacks, Granola Bars, Cereal (As If I didn't have enough of that!) and Hamburger Helper.

Here's the evidence.....



Here's some of the 50 or so coupons; check out the price on water!



I had a cart full to overflowing this time; I was literally holding items onto the cart as I walked so they wouldn't fall to the floor by the time I was done! I got TONS of stuff; including BOGO on feminine products plus coupons ontop of those, so a 28 ct pack of Always pads was like .82 each for me....so I'm overstocked with those. It's kind of embarrassing when they fall to the floor and bounce and roll all over the place....(WHY didn't I get them first! WHY!?)
I had like 12 packages....
Here's the damage, I spent $98 and saved $155.84 this trip: I saved 62%! The photo of my receipt totally flipped on it's side and now you must just trust me folks.

I post this to show you that can do one GIANT cart load of stuff like 80 items or more versus the wimpy 5-20 items some couponer bloggers do at a time. Ack, that would drive me nuts! 20 tiny transactions per month instead of 3 or 4 big ones....I don't have time for that; I'm trying to save my sanity here!

Like I said, I only like to go shopping two or three times a month. SO,

  1. I do take the time to prepare
  2. I have over 50-75 coupons to bring with me to use most times
  3. I spend a couple of hours shopping - usually my hubby helps
  4. And Voila!
I am stocked up on TONS of essentials and have loads of regular food items to last us a good two weeks - or a month if needed.


Remember I use Roshill Dairy delivery service for the dairy/bread/eggs
to avoid going shopping so often..... (and their stuff is AWESOME!)
I do this because I am a closet impulse buyer
(well, not anymore now that my secret is out)
And if I have to go to the store twice a week for a few items,
I used to buy out with WAY more than I planned on.
Especially when I go there hungry.
So, now I don't go shopping unless I take the time to prep to shop.
In fact; I can't go to a store WITHOUT a plan
or I feel uncomfortable and weird without my coupons.
I know, I'm a nut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Utah, United States
I love to cook, it's how I de-stress; most people don't understand it but they love to taste test! I turn on some great tunes, and get to baking. Here's my family blog, come see what we're up to at http://kelleybroadbent.blogspot.com/ I'm also big into couponing and can help you save a lot of money here: http://savingsanityandcents.blogspot.com/ Thanks for visiting my little corner of the Web :)