There are some great links to some great "couponing" sites that I use daily; and I'll show you how I organize and save as well, I like to keep it EASY. Check out the WELCOME spot to your right to get started

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Deal Example

I have to tell you I'm usually an Albie's girl but this week Smiths had quite a few deals.
Smiths had the GIANT boxes of GM cereal on sale for $2.00.
Original price is $5.99
$4 store savings per box. .....hang in there
I had 22 - $1/1 coupons, and 3 store coupons for $2 off 3 boxes and 3 - $0.75/1 coupons
So I bought 28 boxes that would have normally cost $168 - for $31.77
That's $1.13 average per box, an 80% savings!
And now I have a 6 months supply of cereal for my family



Then they had a promo on Keebler crackers and cookies.
They were on sale for 1.99-2.69 each.
Their promo was "Buy 3 items get a $3 rebate off at the register, limit $6 off per transaction"
So with 3 separate transactions I bought 15 items total.
In addition; I had 15 coupons ranging from $1.25/1, $1/1 and $.55/1 coupons.
So for 15 Keebler items:
$51.75 original price
$39.48 total store sale price
$15 off with the rebates = $24.48
minus my $14.95 in coupons
equals $9.53 total for 15 items
that's $0.63 each!
And now I have a couple of days' supply of treats for me....I mean, a 3 month supply of treats for my family :)

Then I headed to the meat case for this deal....
Tyson prepared meals for 4 - These are yummy!
Normally $7.34 each
on sale for $4.49
The store had a bonus $1 off "peelie" coupon stuck on each package - Ah yeah!
I had 7 $.50/1 coupons
So, the price came to $2.99 each!
That's $51.38 normal price for 7 meals for 4
So $20.93 for 7
That's $2.99 a meal for 4 - $0.74 each serving for some really great pot roast in gravy.
Now I have a quick and easy healthy yummy meal option for one night a week for 7 weeks....

Summary
So, total for all of these items 28 boxes of cereal
15 packages of cookies/crackers, and 7 pot roast meals
WOULD have normally cost $279.13, and I got them for a total of $62.23.
That's 77.5% off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Utah, United States
I love to cook, it's how I de-stress; most people don't understand it but they love to taste test! I turn on some great tunes, and get to baking. Here's my family blog, come see what we're up to at http://kelleybroadbent.blogspot.com/ I'm also big into couponing and can help you save a lot of money here: http://savingsanityandcents.blogspot.com/ Thanks for visiting my little corner of the Web :)